Xilinx USB JTAG Platform Cable Vivado Linux
If you work with Xilnx Vivado Design Suite  for FPGA development using USB JTAG interface such as Xilinx USB Platform Cable  or its cheaper clone from WaveShare , everything seems to be connected properly, but it cannot find the Target for programming, you probably need to perform drivers setup manually . Error message looks like this:
ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-494] There is no active target available for server at localhost. Targets(s) ", jsn3" may be locked by another hw_server.
Error message may indicate that another instance of
hw_server is running in the background but that is not the case. Check your drivers first . Some hints:
- Run as root and be careful as this will modify your OS.
- Install script location is
- Platform Cable USB interface is
- Make sure UDEV rules are installed in
- After drivers are set up remember to restart UDEV with
service udev restartcommand and re-attach your USB JTAG cable.