If you work with Xilnx Vivado Design Suite  for FPGA development using USB JTAG interface such as Xilinx USB Platform Cable  or its cheaper clone from WaveShare , everything seems to be connected properly, but it cannot find the Target for programming, you probably need to perform drivers setup manually . Error message looks like this:
ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-494] There is no active target available for server at localhost.
Targets(s) ", jsn3" may be locked by another hw_server.
Error message may indicate that another instance of
hw_server is running in the background but that is not the case. Check your drivers first . Some hints:
- Run as root and be careful as this will modify your OS.
- Install script location is
- Platform Cable USB interface is
- Make sure UDEV rules are installed in
- After drivers are set up remember to restart UDEV with
service udev restart command and re-attach your USB JTAG cable.